Thursday, December 24, 2009

Santa Cruz and Birthday!

We arrived in Santa Cruz late on the 17th. It was 15 below zero Fahrenheit when we left and in the mid 60s when we arrived. What a welcome relief. The trip was uneventful, except for some confusion on Southwest's part getting a serviceable plane for us at Las Vegas. Micah and the family are great. We have a new apartment this year which is a little farther from town and results in us doing some more walking - not a bad thing. The day before yesterday, 12/22, we celebrated my 64th birthday! I started the day by playing "When I'm 64" by the Beatles. Just click on the highlighted text.


For my Birthday, Naomi and I took a drive on US Highway 1 North along the spectacular California Coast. We stopped in Pescadora for lunch and some shopping. It is a little upscaled tourist town featuring a highly rated seafood restaurant and an organic goat dairy and cheese factory. As always, a trip along the coast is reflective and centering.


Later, that evening, we had a little birthday party for me. Sorry I cut off Juan's head. I feel very given to.




And there was the obligatory Birthday cake. Delicious! carrot cake.

No comments: