Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Michigan Ave., Chicago

MICHIGAN AVENUE, CHICAGO, NOVEMBER 2008

Art Institute,
Ancient Aztec, Inca, and Maya
Ceramic faces peering from America's hidden past
As real as you and me.

Grant Park,
Architect Gehry, new twists given
Thoughts of Barack
Finally agreed
Like you and me
















Walls of glass bricks
Faces illuminated from inside
Reflections on pools in between





















Mirrored Bean
You and me, all of us, a world
Reflected, refracted, bending, dizzying






















Portraits of reflections of us taking pictures
Digital reality piled on itself
Swirling, spiraling, sweeps of
bits and bytes

Shaken to the edge of all that was real
I shatter down to the ground
My pieces fall
onto you

Embattered by emotion
Comforted by the
Ease of your warm touch.

No comments: